Call for Judges for Science Fairs
We need JUDGES!
The Synopsys Silicon Valley Science and Technology Outreach Foundation enables and celebrates teachers and students developing projects for the following science fairs.
February 3, 2018
Santa Clara County Fair Grounds
344 Tully Road San Jose
Fair Grounds Map
San Jose Convention Center
South Hall (between Market and Viola)
sciencepalooza! is a science fair exclusively for students in the East Side Union High School District (grades 9-12). It encourages first-time fair participants and over 600 students are expected to participate this year.
- 8:30-9:00 am Orientation
- 9:00-11:00 am Judging
- 11:00-11:30 am Tabulate Results
- 12:00 Noon Awards Ceremony (optional)
You Should Know
- Judges will be provided with suggested questions for students and all necessary scoring information.
- The majority of projects are at an introductory level and entered by ninth graders.
- The projects are either experiments or investigations.
- The projects need to be evaluated by someone familiar with the scientific method.
- Up to three students may work on the same project.
- Judges will work in pairs and will review and score around 15 projects.
- Each pair of Judges will choose one Einstein Award Winner (most outstanding project) and two Galileo Award Winners (projects that deserve honorable mention)
- Parking passes and additional information will be sent via email.
We will be able to accept online registration for sciencepalooza! judges up to 5:00 pm on Wednesday January 31, 2018.
After that date and time, please email email@example.com and tell us in which area you would like to judge: Biological Sciences or Physical Sciences.
Register to be a Judge for sciencepalooza!
The Synopsys Silicon Valley Science & Technology Championship
The Synopsys Championship is the regional science fair for students in grades 6-12. Grand Prize winners from the Synopsys Championship advance to the California State Science Fair and to the Intel International Science and Engineering Fair. Approximately 1000 middle school and high school students are expected to compete.
- When: TBA 2018
- Where: San Jose Convention Center South Hall (between Market and Viola)
To be a Judge for The Synopsys Championship: To register and see more complete information, please go to the Judges page located on the Synopsys Silicon Valley Science & Technology Championship Web site.
The Championship will begin accepting judges in early December 2017.